AZT Thru Hike SOBO 2018 – Dom’s Gear

Using the website Lighter Pack, here’s a snapshot of the gear which Dom is using for our hike on the AZT, from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to Flagstaff.

This detail can also be viewed on the Lighter Pack website here.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 11.58.37 AMScreen Shot 2018-10-18 at 11.59.21 AMScreen Shot 2018-10-18 at 12.00.15 PMScreen Shot 2018-10-18 at 12.00.34 PMScreen Shot 2018-10-18 at 12.01.49 PM

After hiking from the UT border to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and experiencing some very cold weather, we have added some layers for this section (incl. additional socks & thermals).

Join us next time on this blog as we continue our thru hike south to the MX border.

And don’t forget, we are doing some fundraising for the Humane Society while on this hike also, so if you can, please support our hike and the great work that the Humane Society does by going here. You can pledge as little as 5¢ per mile and pay your full donation when we finish the AZT. 90% of your donation will go directly to the Humane Society and the remaining 10% will help support the Arizona Trail Association.



Please follow us on our blogs:

  • Thru-hiking the Arizona Trail blog
  • Thru-hiking the Colorado Trail blog
  • Cycling from AZ to CO blog
  • RV Road Trip – 12 months on the road – US, Canada & Mexico blog
  • Southwest Adventures blog 
  • Florida Adventures blog


Check out more of our photos here and keep up to date with our Instagram and Facebook.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s